Curbside Pickup Temporarily Suspended
On Friday, January 15, the Lake Bluff Public Library became aware of a positive COVID case on staff. The individual wore a mask and gloves while working at the Library and had no contact with the public (for more information on the Library’s safety protocols, take a look at the Keeping the Library Safe section on our Curbside Pickup page). However, out of an abundance of caution, the Library is temporarily suspending all in-building services including Curbside Pickup effective immediately. We have hired a company to do a COVID specific deep clean of the Library building and we anticipate being closed through at least Monday, January 19.
Service changes are as follows:
- Curbside Pickup is suspended. If your Curbside appointment was cancelled, we will contact you about rescheduling your pickup once we reopen.
- The exterior book drops will be closed for the duration of the closure. Due dates will be adjusted and you will not be charged fines for days that the Library is closed.
- Library staff will not be available for phone assistance. General inquiries may be sent to our reference desk email. Voicemails will not be answered until after the Library reopens.
- Virtual programming will continue as scheduled.
- eBooks, eAudiobooks, and other digital resources will continue to be available.
The health and safety of our patrons and staff remains our top priority. We will be updating the Library website with new information as we are able to share it. Questions or concerns may be forwarded to Eric Bailey, the Library Director. We hope that you stay healthy and safe during this time.