Open Building Hours Temporarily Suspended, Curbside Pickup Still Available
Due to the increase in community spread of COVID-19 and the anticipated implementation of Tier 2 mitigations in Region 9, the Lake Bluff Public Library will be suspending in-building services and reverting to a contactless curbside only model effective Monday, November 16. Adjustments to Library services include the following:
- Curbside Pickup will continue to be available by appointment only. Our new Curbside Pickup hours are:
- Monday through Friday – 2pm-6pm.
- Saturdays – 1pm-5pm.
- Apart from the Curbside Pickup point in the Library lobby, the Library building will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Staff members will not be available for in-person conversations or assistance, but we will be able to assist you by phone or email. We are available for phone assistance from 10-6 Monday through Friday and 10-5 on Saturdays. General email inquiries may be sent to our reference desk email, which we will be monitoring throughout the previously stated hours. If you need to contact a specific staff member, check out the Contact page.
- Printing, faxing, and scanning are temporarily unavailable. Our staff is assessing contactless options for these services. We anticipate having more information on this shortly.
- Notary services are suspended.
- All library materials should be returned in the exterior book drops, which will remain open 24/7. In order to limit the number of people moving in and out of the Library building, we will not be accepting returns inside the Library building.
- Take Ten, our reader’s advisory service, will continue to be available for Curbside Pickup.
We know that this is a trying time for the community and we appreciate your patience and cooperation as we adapt and implement these changes. The safety of our patrons and staff continues to be our top priority. If you have any questions or concerns about the Library’s COVID-19 response, we encourage you to contact Eric Bailey, our Library Director, or the Board of Trustees. You can also take a look at our COVID FAQ page for more information about our COVID-19 response.
Thank you for your support. We hope that you and your loved ones are staying safe and well.