Library Service Update - Reopening Plans
The Library temporarily suspended all in-building services on October 27, 2020 upon learning of a case of COVID-19 on staff. The staff member who tested positive learned of their exposure to the virus as they began presenting symptoms on Tuesday. The staff member had some shifts scheduled following their exposure to the virus but was not in the Library building after the onset of symptoms. They were not working directly with patrons during their shift at the Library and wore a mask and gloves for the entirety of their shift. They are now resting and recovering at home. No additional staff members have tested positive or are reporting COVID-like symptoms. Following the closure of the building, the Library had the building professionally cleaned and disinfected by a company that specializes in COVID-cleanup.
The Library will be reopening on Tuesday, November 3 for curbside pickup. The following service changes will also be in effect thereafter:
- Curbside pickup will be available by appointment in the lobby of the Library building on the following days and times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays: 2:00pm-6:00pm
- Saturdays: 1:00pm-5:00pm
- The building will be open to the public on the following days and times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays: 2:00-6:00pm
- Tuesdays, Thursdays: 10:00am-1:00pm
- Staff will be available for limited phone assistance during the following days and times:
- Monday – Friday – 10:00am-6:00pm
- Saturday – 10:00am-5:00pm
- The exterior book drops are open and accepting returns 24/7.
- Virtual programming will continue as scheduled.
- Digital resources, including eBooks and eAudiobooks, are available on the library website 24/7.
- Patrons will not be charged fines for the time that the Library was closed. Due dates have been adjusted to account for the closure. Please contact our reference desk if you have questions about your account.
We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we work to safely and quickly restore library service.