Temporary Library Cards
Lake Bluff residents who do not currently have a library card can request a temporary card during the shelter in place order. Your temporary card allows you to access the Library's digital resources.
If you reside in unincorporated Lake Bluff, payment of a tax equivalent fee may be necessary before your temporary card can be activated. For more information about library service for unincorporated Lake Bluff, please visit the Library Card page.
- Request your temporary card by completing the form on this page
- Library staff will receive and process your request within 2 business days.
- You will receive an email with your temporary card number and instructions for accessing your Library account online.
- If you are a resident of unincorporated Lake Bluff, payment of a tax equivalent fee may be necessary before your card can be activated. We will email you with further instructions.
- You can immediately begin using your library card to access our research databases and downloadable materials.
Don't Let It Expire!
Your temporary card will expire August 1, 2020. To prevent your card from expiring:
- Once the Library reopens, bring a current photo ID and proof of address. Information about acceptable forms of ID can be found on our Library Cards page.
- We will verify and update the information on your account and give you your physical card.
We look forward to meeting you face-to-face once current limitations are no longer needed. In the interim, please stay healthy and enjoy the many excellent resources that are remotely available.
Lost Your Card?
If you already have account with us, but can't locate your physical card or card number, you can either fill out the form or contact the Reference Desk and we'll be happy to assist you.