Loan Periods and Fees
|New Books, New Music, New Audiobooks
|Trending Titles (Books)
|Trending Titles (A/V)
|Set by lending library
The Lake Bluff Library does not charge overdue fines for late materials (visit our Fine Free FAQ to learn more about why). When an item becomes 14 days overdue, patrons accounts are blocked from borrowing additional materials until the item(s) are returned. After 45 days overdue, the replacement cost will be charged to the account. The replacement cost will be waived if the item(s) are returned before they become 180 days overdue; after that point, the patron is responsible for the replacement cost of the item even if it is returned.
All materials except interlibrary loans may be renewed up to 3 times provided that the item is not on hold for another patron. Items will be renewed automatically, unless there is a hold on the item or a block on the patron’s account. Patrons who exhaust the renewal limit are encouraged to return the item to the library shelves for a period of 24 hours before checking the item out again.
Patrons are not permitted to check out library materials when they owe fines and/or fees that total $10.00 or more or if they have items more than 14 days overdue on their account. Borrowing privileges will be restored once the balance is settled.
Copy, Print, & Fax Fees
- Copy: $0.10 per page for black and white, $0.30 per page for color
- Print: $0.10 per page for black and white, $0.30 per page for color
- Fax $1.00 per page for the first 5 pages; $0.25 per page after the first 5
- Replacement Library Cards: $2.00
- Flash Drives: $5.50
- Headphones: $2.00
- The Library may charge repair fees for reparable damage that does not result from normal wear and tear:
- Torn pages: $0.50/page
- Book cover replacement: $3.00
- 1 and 2 disc media cases $3.00
- 3+ disc media cases $5.00
- Other fees may be assessed based on the extent and nature of the damage, the supplies needed, and the staff time required. Repair fees for interlibrary loan items are determined by the lending library.
- Replacement fees are charged to patrons who lose or irreparably damage library materials. Replacement fees will cover the full dollar amount of what the Library will need to pay to replace the item, as well as a $5.00 processing fee. Replacement fees for Interlibrary Loan items are determined by the lending library.
- The Library reserves the right to select all replacement items, as well as the vendors from which replacement items are purchased. In the event that the Library opts to not replace an item, the processing fee will be waived and the patron will be responsible for the replacement cost only.
Fees may be paid at the Library with cash, check, or credit card or online with a credit card (see instructions for online payment). We do not charge any transaction fees for online payments.