Educator Library Cards
Educator Cards are available to teachers and teacher's assistants who are residents of Lake Bluff, teach in Lake Bluff classrooms, or teach in a public school district that serves Lake Bluff.
- The school must provide a letter on school letterhead stating that the school accepts financial responsibility for fines, fees, and replacement costs associated with the card.
- The school must provide a list of individuals who are authorized for Educator Card privileges.
- The Educator Card applicant must present a photo ID and complete an Educator Card Application in order to pick up their Educator Card.
Usage & Restrictions
- Educator Cards may be used only to check out or access items for school-related use. This includes items for use in the classroom, materials for lesson planning, and professional development materials.
- Educator Cards may not be used to check out items for personal use.
- Educator Cards are valid at the Lake Bluff Library only and may not be registered at another library.
- Educator Cards are valid until the start of the following school year.
- Educator Cards have an extended loan period of 6 weeks.
- Items may be renewed up to three times provided there are no holds on the item. Additional renewal periods are 1 or 2 weeks, depending on the item format. Please visit our Loan Periods, Fines, & Fees page for more information.
- Educator Cards do not accrue overdue fines.
- Educator Card holders are responsible for fines and fees for items that are lost or damaged.
- Accounts with fine balances in excess of $10.00 will be blocked from borrowing until their account balance is resolved.
Want to visit the Library with your class? Contact the Youth Services Department to arrange a class visit at the Library.
Interested in a title that we don't own? Place an Interlibrary Loan request and have it sent here from another library. This can take anywhere from a couple of business days to about a week depending on where the item is located and how popular it is, so be sure to plan accordingly. If you need multiple copies of the same title, please use our Teacher Request Form.
Projects & Assignments
Let us know about any upcoming projects or assignments in your classroom and we'll be happy to pull some books for your students.
Request Classroom Materials
Need materials for an upcoming lesson? Contact the Youth Services Department and we'll set aside a stack of materials that meet your criteria. You can stop by, choose which ones you want to take, and check them out.
Want to Collaborate?
Let us know! We are always interested in working with our local teachers!