Remote Learning and Home School Resources
Do you need some resources or other information to better support your child's remote learning or home schooling? The Lake Bluff Library is here to help! Take a look at the resources we've compiled below.
Access Library Materials
Need books for a research project? Looking for entertaining stories to complete your daily reading minutes? Here are some ways you can access Library materials:
- Use our Take Ten form to request materials and our trained professionals will create a personalized set of ten items for you to check out.
- Place holds on items in our catalog and then schedule a Curbside Pickup.
- Visit the Library during our Building Hours and come inside to browse and check out materials. Please note: Currently, all children under age 11 must be accompanied by an adult when at the Library.
- Check out eBooks, eAudiobooks, and more through our eMaterial collections.
Need your books for a longer period? Contact us to inquire about extending the loan period for your home school or remote learning materials.
Don’t have a library card yet? Visit our Get a Library Card page to find information on how to get one!
Did you know you can access dozens of digital databases and online learning platforms with your Lake Bluff Library card? A full list of links is available on our Research and Homework Help page, and we’ve highlighted some key resources for you below.
- Bookflix - offers animated picture books paired with non-fiction titles for fun and learning from home.
- TrueFlix – a multimedia resources supplementing science and social studies curriculum.
- Educate Station – a collection of learning plans and worksheets featuring ready-to-use, hands-on activities for kids to do at home or at school.
- Explora Primary Schools – a reference and research database designed for primary school students, with the ability to filter search results by Lexile reading level.
- Explora Secondary Schools – a reference and research database designed for secondary school students, with the ability to filter search results by Lexile reading level.
We’ve created several printable pages that you can use for tracking reading, setting reading challenges, directing book discussions, and more!
- Reading Trackers and Logs
- Self-Directed Reading Challenges
- Book Discussion Prompts
- Book Review Worksheets